Thursday, September 22, 2011

One more month....


I can't believe that in one month from today I will be ONE YEAR OLD!  My first year has flown by and has been full of so many exciting things.  I started school, I started eating new foods, I started crawling and then walking...what's next???

My last month has been pretty jam packed with new adventures so let me see if I can catch you up on some them...

First of all, I finished up my swim lessons.  I had a lot of fun but I am not sure if I learned anything.  I still keep my mouth and eyes wide open when I go under or have water poured on me...but I love it anyway!  Luckily I got to put my new skills to use when we headed to the lake for Labor Day and my cousin Charlie's Birthday.  We had such a good time.  When we first got there, SueSue had this picture of me...or at least I thought it was me...turns out, that is my mom's baby picture!  Scary how much we look alike huh?

 My Twin - My mom

While we were at the lake we did a lot of swimming, playing, and relaxing.  I got to hang out with my cousins which is always fun.  They are so sweet to me and play with me all the time.  PJ loves to carry me around as you can see below.

I also got to experience sand for the first time.  Uncle Frank has a little beach over at his house so all us kids went over to play.  I am not so crazy about this whole sand in my bathing suit thing...but I had a good time riding the kayak while Daddy pushed me and also throwing the ball for Maysie and Makers.
Not so sure about this sand situation

As you all know Labor Day weekend also means the start of College football - whoo-hoo!  So I have been watching a lot of football with my mom and dad.  I even got to stay up late one night to watch the Notre Dame game....Daddy is slightly obsessed with them but hey whatever it takes to let me stay up I am in!

Speaking of tv...I have actually started to take an interest.  I am not allowed to watch too much of it but every now and then I get to watch a little Sprout or Sesame Street and I really love it.  As you can see below, this ant show was super interesting!
Every fall our new neighborhood has a festival called the Fall in the Hall and we went to check it out this year.  It is free and had all sorts of fun things like jumpy castles and inflatable slides, snow-cones and hot dogs.  I got to pet a police horse and meet some firemen.  They even named me a Junior Firefighter so I had to wear my hat and badge of course! 

I don't go back to the doctor till my One Year check up next month but when we were at the lake SueSue and Auntie Leens weighed me to see if I weighed as much as my Three year old Cousin Reed.  I was just barely shy of him at 28 lbs but did weigh over 25 lbs!  So that is exciting.  I also got a new big girl car seat and hopefully can turn it around and face forward after my birthday!  Staring backwards is getting pretty old!

Lately I have become a WALKING MACHINE.  That's right...I walk everywhere...well it's more like a run than a walk.  Sometimes I get going so fast I just fall flat on my tummy!  I also love to climb.  I climb on, over, in, through, and up anything and everything.  Daddy caught me all the way at the top of the stairs the other day...and I did it without making a sound!  I'm kind of a ninja!

I also got to try all sorts of new foods and let's just say...I am not picky!  I LOVED the bar-b-que pork I had at the lake and lately I have been eating peas like they are candy.  Auntie Leens also made some mean home made mac & cheese that I devoured!  I pretty much eat anything...except carrots...don't even get me started with those things!  Mommy and Daddy are excited now b/c they don't have to buy anymore baby food!  I also finally learned my sign language.  I can say "more" and "please" really well.  I am now working on "thank you" so hopefully I can get that mastered soon.

I guess that is all for now.  Here are some fun videos Mommy took of me doing some of my favorite things:  brushing my teeth and showing off my walking, talking and signing skills!

Sitting in the sink to brush is really the only way to do it

Dancing, walking, talking, signing, drinking, clapping...doing it all

I guess that is all for now!  I will check back with you after I turn ONE!

As always here are some pics from my adventures over the last month:

No comments:

Post a Comment