Wow...can you believe I am TEN MONTHS old! I can't! The time has flown by. As you can see I am getting to be such a big girl who is chock full of personality. The picture above pretty much sums me up...looking for trouble! Well my past month has been SUPER busy so I guess I will start back at the beginning of the month!
Fun in the Turtle pool
As you know we moved into a new house in an awesome new neighborhood about 3 months ago. we really love it and we have such awesome neighbors. My friends across the street outgrew their baby pool and their turtle sandbox and gave them both to me! I just love it! Right now I use the turtle as a pool b/c really all I would do is eat the sand and my sisters really love having a baby pool to lay down in on those hot days! I LOVE the water so being able to take a dip in my own backyard is awesome!
Since we spend so much time at the neighborhood pool and also at Lake Rabun, my mom decided it was time for me to get swim lessons! Let's just say it is hilarious. My first lesson was all about learning to hold my breath. Well FAIL for me. When mommy dumped water on my head...I leaned back and opened my mouth. Then when she blew in my face so I would hold my breath and then dunk me...I opened my mouth even wider! So needless to say I drank a lot of pool water that day but I still loved it. I never cried just splashed and squealed the whole time. My second lesson, daddy got in the water with me. Pretty much the same outcome! Open mouth, swallow water....oh well...I guess this is why I am taking lessons!
Lesson #1....I am supposed to be holding my breath here...
Lesson #2...working on floating on my back...I have this nailed
So about the same time I started swim lessons, I was also Baptized at First Presbyterian Church in Nashville. It was such a jam packed fun weekend! The whole Halter clan came to town and stayed with us all weekend so I got 72 hours of play time with my cousins! On top of that My Sweet Godmother, Rachael Webster, and my awesome Godfather, Steven Quarcelino, came to town as well. And the whole Frericks family came down for the day on Sunday. We hosted a big cook out Saturday night at my house and a great lunch on Sunday. I had so much fun and got so many great baptism gifts! I am truly blessed to have such awesome friends and family around me! Thanks to all of my parents friends who helped celebrate the weekend also...I always love seeing ya'll!!! While the weekend was so fun, I think the highlight was my performance during the baptism. After I was baptized and we said some prayers, the pastor was walking me down the aisle to introduce me to my new church family...I took it upon myself to lean into her microphone and BURP as loud as I could! I thought it was the perfect way to say hello...apparently everyone else thought it was hilarious! I thought Mommy was going to fall over from laughing! Anyway, I think I left my mark on First Pres!!!
All of the Halters
The Frericks
So other than swimming and my baptism, this month has been packed with playing and growing up! I am a wild Indian these days! I climb the stairs, I unroll the toilet paper, I chew on everything! Let's just say I am starting to learn what the word "no" means! On top of that, I also know the meaning of a lot of other words. So far I know basketball, ball, dog, bottle, sippy cup and of course Mommy and Daddy. It is so fun to know new things...when Mommy says to go get my basketball I will go right past any other ball and head straight to the basketball. I am trying to say a lot of words right now too. I say "dadada" all the time. I also say "mamama" sometimes too and I am working on "dog" although when I say it I sort of leave out the "o" and just say "dg"...but I try! I also LOVE to play with my doggies...Maysie especially. I play tug of war with her a lot or I just love on her and give her hugs. She is so patient with me which is why she is my best friend. I play with Makers some too but she is not quite as tolerant as Maysie...maybe it's because I pull her tail all the time!?!?
I am also quite the jokester according to Mommy and Daddy. My new thing now is to give everyone "zerberts"...you know when you put your mouth on someone's leg or arm and blow so it makes that funny noise! I think it is the greatest thing ever! So watch out if you come visit me...I may hit you with an awesome zerbert!
And last but certainly not least...I CAN WALK! It's true! I took my first steps in early August but now I am a walking machine. I still crawl also but usually I will crawl halfway somewhere and then get up and walk the rest of the way. According to mommy I walk like a drunken sailor...ok so I weeble wobble a lot...but still I am doing it! I get really excited when I walk anywhere so I make sure everyone cheers for me! Daddy said he counted my steps for me and so far my record is 14 in a row without falling down...I think I have done more than that but I guess we have to trust him! He is the grown up!
Walking and playing my favorite toy...a ball...at the pool...heaven!
This picture is really just for SueSue and for all of mommy's friend who say she never dresses me girly! SueSue keeps buying me dresses and I never wear them so I decided to go all girly for church last week...so here you go...Hudson the girly girl!!! Enjoy it b/c it doesn't happen often!
How girly am I?
Mommy did get a video of me doing some of my favorite things....playing with Maysie, walking and waving bye-bye. It is below...for some reason we couldn't figure out how to rotate our flip video so you just have to hold your head sideways...sorry!
I guess that is all for now! We will keep updating with anything exciting and of course Mommy will try to get a better video of me walking around! See ya next time!
P.S. As always here are some pics from my exciting month:








No comments:
Post a Comment