Well we finally had a some what quiet month! We took some time to settle into the new house (although it is still a work in progress), we have at least added some new furniture to the still empty rooms.
As you can see from the picture above...Hudson turned 8 Months old yesterday. I can't believe she is getting so grown up and BIG! We got on the scale this morning and it seems that she is about 21 lbs or more. We don't go back to the doctor for another month so then we will have a better idea of her exact weight and height but I can tell you she is getting TALL! All of her clothes are now 12 or 18 month size.
(I am making her wear this onesie for all of her birthday pictures b/c I thought it would be funny...it is a three month size and you can't tell in this picture but I think we could only get one snap to close!)
The last month has been filled with work, school, working on the house and of course soccer! As most of you know I have been coaching a Club soccer team here in Nashville for the past 7 years. This was the last year they could play together, so over the past month we played in the State Championship game (we came in second for the THIRD year in a row...uugghhhh) but we still advanced to the Southern Regional Championship last weekend. We were put in a tough bracket but it was just fun to get the girls together one last time. It has been such a huge part of my life it is hard to believe it is over and I am officially retiring from coaching! Hudson got to come and watch a few games and practices and the girls (and their moms) just love her!
We stayed home this past Memorial Day b/c of soccer and had a few friends over for a cook-out which was a lot of fun! As you can see Hudson can have a great time anywhere!
Happy Memorial Day!
Hudson continues to get stronger and stronger everyday. She pulls up on everything and is too tall for her own good. She can stand up and reach the top of dressers and shelves in the pantry...today she almost pulled down a bunch of canned goods on top of herself but luckily we caught her in time to stop her. She is constantly on the move and as you can see below she just has to be standing up and playing these days!
One hand...showing off
One of the best parts of our new house is that our neighborhood has a pool and we LOVE it! It is always full of kids and is the perfect place to beat the horrible heat of Nashville these days. Hudson is a true WATER baby. She can't get enough. She doesn't like the baby pool and only wants to be in the big pool with the big kids! We have spent many weekends there so far and I'm sure it will be our home away from home this summer!
Swimming in the big pool
We are going to sign up for swim lessons at the YMCA in August so that should be a lot of fun and give me a little peace of mind that she will know how to hold her breath and get used to going under!
I guess that is all for now other than the fact that Hudson said her FIRST WORDS! I know, you're probably thinking "no way, she's too little, she probably just babbled"...and you would be right except that she has now repeated herself in front of multiple witnesses. Monday, June 20, 2 days before her 8 month birthday, Hudson Waved and said "Bye-Bye". It was the cutest thing I have ever seen...and melted my heart a little bit. She said it to my friends who were babysitting her so they were the first witnesses. Then the next night she waved and said it to Aunt Macy who came over for dinner and then last night she waved and said it to Tom who just got home from a work trip! It is so cute and I will do my best to catch it on video and post for everyone to see!
So that is really all for now....we head to the Lake next week for the fourth of July and a week long vacation up there and we can't wait! Hudson has never been but she already has a life jacket and three excited cousins waiting for her to play! I will be sure to take lots of pictures and video b/c you know she will be tubing behind the boat and everything (we start them young at the Halter house).
See you next time!
As always here are some pics from the last month:
No comments:
Post a Comment